intel x710-da2 (dell parts) are not recognized

Fossi

Cadet
I'm new to TrueNAS, made experience with Opnsense, and ahve now a problem and hope someone can help me.

A new Dell R540 with Intel x710-da2 (bought secound life parts, but it is from dell origin). Now we are stugging, nothing is shown in Truenas, nothing found with dmidecode, dmesg.

We have no clou, how we can fix it. Inteldrivers from Intelside has to compile, "make" i'm able to install, but make throws bugs:

Code:
/ix-3.3.25/src]# make
sh: cc: not found
make: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk" line 159: Unable to determine compiler type for CC=cc.  Consider setting COMPILER_TYPE.
[~/ix-3.3.25/src]#

So where i can take it on. Thx for helping.

VG - Fossi

jgreco

Resident Grinch
TrueNAS is an appliance, not a generic UNIX host, and you cannot compile drivers on it. The driver's already there anyways.

A true X710 card should be supported by the ixl driver, but I've seen weird recognition behaviours with IBM's version of the X710, and it wouldn't shock me if Dell was also a bit off.

Does the card show up in lspci output? If not, pull the card and replace it with something like an X520, which are readily available, inexpensive, and work swimmingly well.

Fossi

Cadet
So I'm writing again. The first post is solved - in fact it was a dual socket maschine, without the second cpu and for that the only onboard pciex8 port was not fired. one of the pxiex4 was openend at the back so can be used for longer cards.

But we have a second challenge: The Link doesn't gets up while booting. A short interruption (pull of the fc cable and place them back) after booting get them up. but not directly while booting.

So what we can do? The behavior is the same with Intel branded modules from fs.com and original intel modules.

After that the connction works fine. But after reboot, connection lost. Its not very stable ...

thx for ideas - Fossi