SOLVED Installing FAMP in jail without complete success

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiklot

Cadet
Hi guys!

I was trying to create a FAMP jail to host a Lychee installation. The thing is that Lychee needs just a regular FAMP server, with apache, php and mysql, and in addition, it needs some php extensions like exif, gd, json, mbstring, mysqli and zip.

The thing is that I have everything installed and supposedly running but the reality is that everytime I run the Lychee installation script it just returns a 500 server error. At first I thought it was some kind of Lychee issue, but the thing is that if I try to install Lychee in another debian server, it works like a charm. And if I try to run the Piwigo install script (a simple php script) it returns 500 server error too.
And even that I activated error logging it doesn't return any error.

phpinfo() shows that I have every extension needed running..

As I'm new using FreeBSD maybe I did something wrong but the thing is that a simple php script without complexity (some HelloWorld) works.

Any suggestion? I don't know how to solve it! :(

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
After looking in to what error 500 is, does the script pull data across the network/internet to do the install? If so I would follow up and see if you can manually do things like ping, DNS, and curl. Are you using .httacess? That can cause the issue. And of course basic file permissions should be checked, are any files called by the script have permissions preventing executing? php files need to have the execute bit enabled I recently found out.

Good luck.

neiklot

Cadet
After looking in to what error 500 is, does the script pull data across the network/internet to do the install? If so I would follow up and see if you can manually do things like ping, DNS, and curl. Are you using .httacess? That can cause the issue. And of course basic file permissions should be checked, are any files called by the script have permissions preventing executing? php files need to have the execute bit enabled I recently found out.

Good luck.
I think my DNS are fine because I can curl without any issue. I don't use .htaccess and file permissions are supposed to be right too.. I will take a look at it again anyway.. Thanks for your help!

adrianwi

Guru
My guess would be something not right in you nginx.conf file. If you followed a guide to get FEMP installed, which one?

neiklot

Cadet
My guess would be something not right in you nginx.conf file. If you followed a guide to get FEMP installed, which one?
I followed this guide https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...ache-mysql-and-php-famp-stack-on-freebsd-10-1
Now I have it running using a virtualbox jail with debian installed, but honestly I'd prefer to run it using a freebsd jail. I think performance will be better.
I will take a look at that file you mention but I'm using apache instead of nginx.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You don't have nginx installed so no need to look at nginx.conf file. You need to check your error log and see what's causing the error. It should be located in /var/log.

adrianwi

Guru
Sorry, I read FEMP :D

neiklot

Cadet
Finally managed to solve it.
The problem was that in php.ini the extensions_dir was pointing to ./php/extensions.ini when it should be pointing to /usr/local/lib/php/20131226. That's why really there was no extension working correctly. But now everything looks fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.