How to remove drive from pool without data loss?

Cheese_Echidna

Dabbler
Hi,
I'm trying to remove one of the drives from a pool that is striped across two drives (I know this is dangerous and can lead to data loss). The total amount of data stored is less than the capacity of the drive that is not going to be removed so it should fit, however, I don't know how to tell TrueNAS that I want to eject the drive.
I am a hobbyist who is fairly new to servers in general and the only reason that I have a pool striped across two drives is because I was hitting the capacity of my first drive, but that has been remedied. The problem is that the old PC that I am using to run TrueNAS only has 3 SATA ports, so with one for the boot drive, there is only capacity for two data drives. I will be purchasing a larger drive to replace the one being taken out, and would also appreciate some advice on how best to add this new drive in a way that is less dangerous, but I would really rather not have to deal with two pools.
Thanks

ChrisRJ

Wizard
You will need to backup your data to some other place, re-create the pool, and restore the data.
Edit: I stand corrected as below. Thanks, @sretalla

Last edited:

sretalla