How to mix users with AD and Truenas local user?

alek_d

Dabbler
Hi all. I trying without sucsses to mix ad users and truenas users and SMB. What is my goal and what is my setup?
TrueNAS 13 U4:
  • truenas have joined to active directory
  • trusted domain checkbox is checked. There is 2 domains let say it admin.local and admin.com
  • users from both domains use diferent datasets via SMB ACL set from windows machines
What I've try :
  • create dataset for backup: let say it \\truenas\backupdataset
  • create local truenas user: let say it truenas\backupuser.
  • give permision on dataset only for user truenas\backupuser and group truenas\backupuser
  • create share via Sharing > Windows Shares (SMB)
  • acsess share via server in AD - here is BIG red flag. I can't. I was expected when give permision on dataset and try to browse it to prompt me for user and pass. But windows sad: There is problem accsesing \\truenas\backupdataset and don't prompt me for user i pass.
ACL info:
user: truenas\backupuser
group: truenas\backupuser
ACL preset: restricted
Auxillary Group: bultin_users

The main goal is to have user for backup purpose that can read and write backup job on dataset. Becouse backup software is not under my control all I know about it that is use SMB for backup. Backup user must be outside active directory.
If I missed some info please ask.
I shall be very gratefull for any help

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
There is problem accsesing \\truenas\backupdataset and don't prompt me for user i pass.
Have you already connected to another share on that TrueNAS server on that client?

Seems that's the case and that's your problem... you can't attach to a single SMB host with more than one set of credentials (that's a windows limitation, not SAMBA/TrueNAS).

alek_d

Dabbler
Have you already connected to another share on that TrueNAS server on that client?

Seems that's the case and that's your problem... you can't attach to a single SMB host with more than one set of credentials (that's a windows limitation, not SAMBA/TrueNAS).
Thank you for answer. I have tried from PC that is never be connect to truenas in this case message is Window cannot access \\ip of truenas\backupdataset 0x80070005 access is denied

sretalla