Help Cant get CIFS permissions set

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris wiley

Cadet
I ran nas4free for a bit but wanted to try out freenas

I got ftp working, but I cant seem to set the permissions set on a Cifs share. I just need a share with no passwords. So I can path it to my backup software

I have reinstalled a few times and use the wizards but it still wants a password. I have manual set up the guest and to auto login Allow Guest Access: is enabled. I have the mount point set.

I can login with a user I made but it its suck at read only.
I have been at this for 7 hours at least.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you change the permissions on the dataset you are trying to share to allow Other R/W access?

D

dlavigne

Which build of FreeNAS (from System -> Info)? Which version of Windows?

Creating a CIFS share from the wizard and checking "allow guest" should just work. Though, your windows system may have cached your credentials. If so, use the net use command as described in http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_services.html#troubleshooting-cifs. Or are you trying to configure authenticated access?

Also, make sure the CIFS share and the FTP share are not pointing to the same dataset.

chris wiley

Cadet
I mean as far as the share goes It will not work from my smartphone useing es file explorer.

Did you change the permissions on the dataset you are trying to share to allow Other R/W access?
Yes I have changed stuff because the default settings did not work.

Which build of FreeNAS (from System -> Info)? Which version of Windows?
The latest build
Creating a CIFS share from the wizard and checking "allow guest" should just work. Though, your windows system may have cached your credentials. If so, use the net use command as described in http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_services.html#troubleshooting-cifs. Or are you trying to configure authenticated access?
No it did not work for me
I mean as far as the share goes It will not work from my smartphone useing es file explorer.
Windows asks me for a log in every time

Also, make sure the CIFS share and the FTP share are not pointing to the same dataset.
The CIFS is something I have had no luck with. Most of the time I have full access with ftp

chris wiley

Cadet
Ok I got full read/write access to a account a made so I can log in to the CIFS share.
Both of the ftp accounts I made work.

Im not sure if thats is my problem I must have 2 different mount points?
I did try to manual set up the guest permissions.
I enabled the user called guest then put it in the guest group.

chris wiley

Cadet
Ok tryed the wizard once more here are the settings

Browse
Use as home share: /mnt/zfsmain/Share
Name: share
Comment:
Apply Default Permissions:
x
Export Read Only:
Browsable to Network Clients:x
Export Recycle Bin: