Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin99

Cadet
I am a long time user of FreeNAS but new to the forums. I built my first FreeNAS 6 years ago and I am now in the process of upgrading it. I have upgraded the FreeNAS software to the latest 11.1-U6 finally after 6 years but the motherboard is still an ASUS P7H55-M PRO with 8GB of ram and a LSI 9211-8i controller. I was using the Norco RPC-450 case to hold everything but recently went to using the CSE-846BE1C-R1K03JBOD for the hard drives (overkill but I like to buy stuff). I didn't think I would fill it up but it is already full with my older 2TB hard drives and the new 4TB hard drives I just had to get :rolleyes:. Next upgrade will be the motherboard (definitely ECC this time) but in the mean time I have been playing with jails under FreeNAS. I started using Borg and Rclone in a jail since I got to make sure I keep all that important data backed up. I also started using Zoneminder and OpenVPN as part of my Home Automation project (so many projects, so little time). As you can see I love to tinker.

I have come to the forums for help many times and there is a wealth of knowledge here. Happy to be a part of it.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
First off, welcome to the forums!

You might exercise a bit of caution using FreeNAS and jails with only 8GB of RAM. ;)
in the mean time I have been playing with jails under FreeNAS. I started using Borg and Rclone in a jail since I got to make sure I keep all that important data backed up. I also started using Zoneminder and OpenVPN as part of my Home Automation project (so many projects, so little time). As you can see I love to tinker.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You can always play with jails in a VMWare Player instance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.