Growing pool capacity by replacing disks, then reusing old disks issue

gb123

Dabbler
I have multiple pools on my Truenas 13.0u2 install. One of these pools was 3x12TB, another was 4x10TB. I have an empty drive bay on the server, so my plan was to do in-place disk replacement of the 3x12TB pool with new 16TB drives. This went off without a hitch. When I inserted the 16TB drives, under Storage>Disks, the new drives were listed as N/A under Pool assignment, as expected. One by one, I performed disk replacements with the 12TB drives. I now have a 3x16TB pool with increased capacity after the last resilver completed.

The issue I'm running into now, is that I want to use the 12TB drives in exactly the same way to replace the 10TB drives one by one in the other pool. When I insert the 12TB drive into the bay, it is recognized by Truenas and is visible under Storage>Disks. However, the disk is automatically getting assigned to the 3x16TB pool (as listed under disks). When I navigate to the Pools status, the disk is not listed as being part of the pool. It is also not listed as an available disk, as it is being assigned to the 3x16TB pool. I have tried quick and long wipes via the Truenas GUI. I have removed the disk and wiped the disk using GParted in linux, all to no avail. Every time I re-insert the disk back into Truenas, the disk is assigned (incorrectly) as being part of a pool instead of as N/A.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

gb123

Dabbler
After a few hours of pain, it seems this problem was solved by a simple reboot.