Freenas 9.3 + Controller Sas/sata Adaptec 6805H

Status
Not open for further replies.

valentin_55

Dabbler
Hello everyone!

I build NAS home, based on FreeNAS 9.3 and two controller cards SAS / SATA Adaptec 6805H.

After properly installing FreeNAS on a USB stick and booted it, I noticed that my 16 hard drives do not go back in FreeNAS, despite being UP on SAS / SATA card management interface.

After some research, I found that the Adaptec 6805H is not natively recognized by FreeNAS, and must install its drivers.

Only this is where I'm stuck, I do not know how to install the drivers on FreeNAS, and the little information I found on the internet is quite blurred.

Can you give me the steps to follow to install these drivers?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Valentin.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hello everyone!

I build NAS home, based on FreeNAS 9.3 and two controller cards SAS / SATA Adaptec 6805H.

After properly installing FreeNAS on a USB stick and booted it, I noticed that my 16 hard drives do not go back in FreeNAS, despite being UP on SAS / SATA card management interface.

After some research, I found that the Adaptec 6805H is not natively recognized by FreeNAS, and must install its drivers.

Only this is where I'm stuck, I do not know how to install the drivers on FreeNAS, and the little information I found on the internet is quite blurred.

Can you give me the steps to follow to install these drivers?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Valentin.

The information is very clear. You do not install drivers.

Why on earth did you not read the vast amount of information on this forum that says that what you did was a very bad idea?

Get some LSI SAS 2008/2308 controllers, flash them to P16 IT mode and be on your merry way.

I can only hope you didnt pay the newegg price ($479 USD) for it, but i would get rid of it, and pick up 1 or 2 M1015, do a search youll have plenty of info here on the forums for it. Are you using a backplane to get those 16hdds?

Status
Not open for further replies.