SOLVED FreeNAS-9.10.1 has already been applied. Please activate 9.10.1 via the Boot Environment Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenS

Dabbler
I ran the updates and activated 9.19.1 as instructed and rebooted but I can not continue with updates as it stalls with this message:

Update: FreeNAS-9.10.1 has already been applied. Please activate 9.10.1 via the Boot Environment Tab and Reboot to use this updated version

Here is the BOOT tab showing I am booting from 9.10.1:

upload_2016-8-26_9-51-0.png

Please help

D

dlavigne

Why are you trying to update again when you are already updated? What is the exact build version from System -> Information?

DenS

Dabbler
Why are you trying to update again when you are already updated? What is the exact build version from System -> Information?

1. Because the Update Tab shows pending updates, see below
2. System Information: Build: FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd)

upload_2016-8-26_11-51-41.png

DenS

Dabbler
Any suggestions... seems FREENAS still thinks i need to do the 9.10.1 update when it is already complete so will not allow any further updates.

DenS

Dabbler
I rebooted and still have the same response when I go to the updates tab, it says i have updates and gives the following message when I click Apply ...
upload_2016-8-27_10-57-52.png

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
I wonder if you simply click on a previous version; then "Activate" it and then click on the newer version and "Activate" it if the message would go away? Just to be overly safe, I would recommend saving a copy of your Config before trying. ;)

DenS

Dabbler
Here's what i did, based on your idea:
  • Backed up the configuration
  • Activated then booted to the prior version: 9.1o.STABLE-201606270534
  • Deleted the new version 9.10.1
  • Rebooted just to be sure everything looks OK, it did.
  • Then Applied pending Updates, which it allowed this time.
  • System rebooted itself during the update
  • FreeNas now running 9.10.1
  • Update tab / Check Now says "No updates available"
YEA!
Thank you Mirfster for the suggestion that i expanded on a bit and found the solution. Hope this helps anyone else stuck in the middle of an upgrade. Can only figure that is what happened, the upgrade did not go to completion and Freenas was confused.

Mike N

Dabbler
EXACT same problem here! Your fix solved it for me too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.