FreeNAS-9.1.1 Active Directory Whitespace in User Name or Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

After trying for the past 3 days to get things to work with the FreeNAS 9.1.1, my Windows Server 2008 R2 AD and CIFS I think I know the culprit but don't know how to fix it.

I have installed FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35) and successfully integrated it into my Windows Server 2008 R2 AD. I can see all the users and groups when I use "wbinfo -u" or "wbinfo -g" and I can assign them to the permissions of my ZFS data-set. Currently owner is Administrator and group is Domain Users.

The issue I have is when I try to connect to the Computer in the network list from my Win 7 PC with any username that has a whitespace I get authentication failed. If I use an alternate username without the whitespace I can logon and see the share folder. The next issue is once I am connected with the non whitespace username I can't access the CIFS share folder due to the whitespace in the group Domain Users.

Now if I connect as Administrator I can access the Computer and the CIFS share folder and I can write files and folders. As a test I created a Security Group on my AD, called winusers and added all users to it. I then set the ZFS permission to have winusers as the group. I could now connect to the computer with a non whitespace username and access the cifs share with full W/R.

Now since I already have users with white spaces in their usernames I don't want to change them, is there any way to fix this issue I am having?

D

dlavigne

Whitespaces in usernames is supported, though it usually requires the use of quotes. How exactly are you connecting?

Hi,

So when I try and connect I am using my Win 7 PC and opening the Network area in Windows Explorer. From there I can see my FreeNAS machine call Storage. If I double click on it to access the CIFS share I get the windows security popup login failure unknown username or bad password. Currently I am logged on with my accout which has a whitespace. If I enter the non whitespace user name I can access the share.

Network.PNG

logon failure.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.