SOLVED Forgotten cli

kbrvfx

Dabbler
Hey everyone.

I was using this command to monitor migrating files from local to our main server which i forgot. I was able to know the size being sent all the time since it is updated every second. What was that command? It sucks as I was not able to document it at all and having a hard time looking for it again. (Not systat -ifstat at all)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
You're going to need to help us a lot more if you want to get to the answer...

Things like zpool iostat will give you pool stats

If you're doing a zfs send | zfs recv, you can put a pv in the middle to give you dtats along the way: zfs send... | pv | zfs recv...

If you're using rsync, you should be able to use --progress to get some feedback along the way.

Those are just a few of the many options that could have been in use... you need to tell us more about what you mean by "migrating files" so we can narrow down the search.

kbrvfx

Dabbler
You're going to need to help us a lot more if you want to get to the answer...

Things like zpool iostat will give you pool stats

If you're doing a zfs send | zfs recv, you can put a pv in the middle to give you dtats along the way: zfs send... | pv | zfs recv...

If you're using rsync, you should be able to use --progress to get some feedback along the way.

Those are just a few of the many options that could have been in use... you need to tell us more about what you mean by "migrating files" so we can narrow down the search.

Sorry for that....

Anyways you just answered my question :grin:, it was zpool iostat all along (my bad).