SOLVED First boot fails, post install

sumbody287

Cadet
Hello everybody,
I am trying to get a FreeNAS running in my lab at work as a POC.
Install didn't seem to have issues from what I could see but when I reboot it ends up stuck here
firstbootfail.jpg

I've googled that phrase and seen a few things but I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong.
The closest was a really old post for somebody to try and go back to 9.3 (hoping that would NOT still be the case though since it was such an old post)

Details:
Thanks in advance.
Hopefully, I'm just missing something simple!
-sumbody

Alecmascot

Guru
What is the boot device ?

sumbody287

Cadet
the legacy bios boots to the raid card, which is in jbod mode and lists that drive as the boot drive

sumbody287

Cadet
Update:
I was able to work around this by ejecting all drives on the raid controller(my OS pool was not through the raid card) for first boot and adding them once the system was up and running. Further power-cycles after this point did not repro this issue anymore.
Figured I'd just update the thread in case anybody else only had hardware raid cards to work with.

sretalla