File Storage Access from a Windows Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Yorston

Dabbler
Hi all.

I have a Freenas box (Build 9.3) which I use as my file server and Plex media Server on my home workgroup. My wife has a company laptop that is part of their corporate domain. She is able to access shared resources such as printers and scanners on our home workgroup but she cant access the file storage on the Freenas box.

From her laptop we can see the Freenas box and when we try and connect to the file server it asks for the username and password. The problem is that even with the correct username and password the connection fails which I feel (I am a beginner) is because her laptop is on a Windows domain.

Does anyone have any questions as to how she could access the file server? If it's a no go because of the domain issue is it possible to connect for example to the NAS box via a USB cable?

Thanks for any help.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You could always go to the "sharing" screen, and add a "CIFS share", and set it to browsable by guests/guest access/etc. i.e., open it up to the world. The anyone who is on that LAN should be able to access the files just by browsing their network. You could export the share "read only" to prevent accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.