Encrypted dataset replication: setting --raw flag?

Caereus

Cadet
I am just starting out with FreeNAS/TrueNAS in preparation for a set of builds I will doing this month. I'm very excited about the new zfs encryption and the marketed ability to send an encrypted dataset to an offsite TrueNAS without also sending the encryption keys. Unfortunately, I ran into an issue with setting up a Replication Task to test out this functionality.

Whenever the replication test is ran the following is printed:
encrypted dataset Test/PrivateStuff may not be sent with properties without the raw flag

I was able to zfs send | zfs recv the dataset with the --raw flag from the shell, but could not locate a webui toggle to enable this feature.

I've heard that TrueNAS Core 12.0 is roughly feature complete at this point and that bug squashing is underway for beta at the end of the month, so I am very interesting in knowing if this is a misconfiguration issue on my part or a feature that won't be shipping with beta1.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Since the docs aren't up yet, I recommend filing a bug report.

Caereus

Cadet
@Vladimir Vinogradenko Thanks for working on implementing a fix so quickly! I noticed the fix was already merged into the zettarepl project, but that it seems the functionality didn't show up in the nightlies. How often is the latest zettarepl pulled into the build / when should I expect to see this reflected?

If there is going to be significant time before it's brought into a release.. is zettarepl a standalone module that be swapped into an existing TrueNAS installation?

Caereus it is standalone project that can be updated on TrueNAS installation by running python setup.py develop. With current nightly you can do it, but sometimes we introduce breaking API changes so that's not recommended. We usually update zettarepl version in TrueNAS releases ASAP, next nightly release should have it.