Duplication of NIC interface

kavya

Cadet
Hello everyone!

I'd like to draw your attention to an issue I'm experiencing. I have a virtual machine set up on my TrueNAS system that functions as a router. It has three antennas connected to it, as depicted in the image.

The numbers 4, 5, and 6 represent the actual NIC (Network Interface Controller) devices, but I'm encountering a problem where they occasionally get duplicated. In this particular case, the duplicates are labeled as 142, 143, 144, and 145, which are identical copies of the NIC attached to device ID 4.

If anyone has any insights or ideas about this issue, I would greatly appreciate your input.

specifications:

1. TrueNas Scale Bluefin v22.12
2. Motherboard: Supermicro X12SCZ-TLN4F/F
3. CPU: Intel XEON W-1250 / 6C/12T - 3,30GHz - MaxBoost: 4,7GHz / Intel UHD P630 / 80W

1688460690659.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I'm encountering a problem where they occasionally get duplicated.
Are you saying that those additional/duplicate NICs appear out of nowhere?

When does this happen? (on reboot?, on start of the VM? while the VM is still running?)

It has three antennas connected to it, as depicted in the image.
No idea what this means... maybe "additional NICs"?

kavya

Cadet
Thanks for your response!

I have encountered this similar situation for the second time, where the "enp3s0f0" network interface on my virtual machine router gets duplicated. This issue occurred even though there is no pattern to its appearance. But the VM is in the running state whenever this happens.

To resolve the problem, I manually removed the duplicate interface and restarted the system, which resolved the issue. However, the reason behind this duplication remains unknown.

In my virtual machine router setup, I have three 4G antennas connected to the following network interfaces:
  1. enp3s0f0
  2. enp3s0f1
  3. enp3s0f2
The duplication specifically affects the "enp3s0f0" interface, resulting in all three antennas being assigned the same IP address.

sretalla