Deleted SMB share still present

don_bidyre

Cadet
Hi,
I have an SMB share that was initially created in my original FreeNAS build & has gone through various upgrades to TrueNAS-12.0-U7.
(processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Memory 16Gb)

It has been used as a permanently mapped drive on my laptop & additionally accessed from my iPhone via the files app.

However a while back I ceased to be able to access from the iPhone, reporting an unknown error, while I could still access other shares on the same NAS, indeed I could access the same data via another share of a parent directory. All shares were ok from my laptop. Because the data was accessible, I admin that I let the issue ride for a while.

I eventually decided to fix this issue, but was getting nowhere, so I eventually decided to delete & recreate the share.

It was at this point were I found that the old share remained even when it was deleted via the management GUI & the SMB service restarted. The only difference being that the share could not be accessed until it was recreated.

As a further test, I renamed the new share (& restarted the SMB server) & this time the old & new share were both visible to both the Windows & IOS systems, but only the renamed version could be accessed by both systems. Renaming the share back to it's original name, left both share names visible to IOS, but neither could be accessed, whilst from Windows, just the original share name was visible & was accessible as before.

So there appears to be some residual ghost share that can be overridden for a Windows client by creating a another share of the same name, but cannot be overridden for the IOS client.

Ideally, I would like to dispense with this ghost, share & replace with a share of the same name, that can be accessed by both clients. Any suggestions?