"CSRF verification failed. Request aborted" poor substitute for "Attempt to set cookie failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMacD

Explorer
I tried to post this as a bug, but the system hasn't sent me my verification mail, so here I am.

Trying to log in, I got a "CSRF verification failed. Request aborted" message. Thinking it was a referrer-header problem per the message, I fooled around with that awhile without success. Then I wondered whether it could be a bad error message and the real problem is that I won't let it set a cookie (I permit cookies on a per-site basis and it's really remarkable how many sites emit misleading error messages when thwarted).

Sure enough, that's what the problem was: there was nothing wrong with the headers, FNAS just couldn't set a cookie.

D

dlavigne

That's not actually a bug, FreeNAS does expect a cookie...

BTW, I activated your account if you need to create a bug report in the future.

MMacD

Explorer
That's not actually a bug, FreeNAS does expect a cookie...

But shouldn't the inability to set the cookie produce a "can't set my cookie" error rather than a "CSRF verification" error? I'd never seen a "CSRF verification" error before, and had to look up what it means - whence my 20-30 minutes trying to puzzle out why it didn't like the headers it was getting.

Thanks for setting up my bugs account. Since you're on staff, I won't post this as a bug if it'll just get closed as NAB.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
A better error message might be worth pointing out in a bug report.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
One of the nicest things about the ASRock IPMI web interface was that it validated all the requirements to successfully launch the service.

MMacD

Explorer
I decided I'd post the bug anyway and let the dev team NAB it if they like. But...[sigh]

Could someone with privs please fix my mail address in my bugs account. The numeric part should be 65535 (one short of 2**16). Somehow I suspect that typo may have played a part in my not receiving the verification message :rolleyes:

Tack så mycke.

D

dlavigne

It says that email has already been taken. Do you have a second account? If so, I can delete the incorrect one.

Status
Not open for further replies.