Connecting my Namecheap domain to DDNS on FreeNAS

Ralphshep

Dabbler
Hello,
I'm trying to connect my NameCheap domain to the DDNS service on my FreeNAS server.

After talking with my support I was given the following information:
Provider: Custom Provider
Custom Server: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com
Custom Path: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/getip
Domain name: example.com
Username: example.com
Password: your DynamicDNS password (please check it in the AdvancedDNS section of your domain)
This information can be found on this Namecheap support doc here: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/583/11/how-do-i-configure-ddclient/

However, these directions didn't work. FreeNAS gave me an HTML 404 page not found error when trying to access dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com. I got the same results after trying to open the page in a browser. Here was the log of the error:
Jul 29 23:43:32 ralphshepherd inadyn[84337]: STOP command received, exiting.
Jul 29 23:43:32 FreeNAS inadyn[85241]: In-a-dyn version 2.5 -- Dynamic DNS update client.
Jul 29 23:43:32 FreeNAS inadyn[85241]: Update forced for alias ralphshepherd.com, new IP# 24.163.25.235
Jul 29 23:43:32 FreeNAS inadyn[85241]: Fatal error in DDNS server response:
Jul 29 23:43:32 FreeNAS inadyn[85241]: [400 Bad Request] <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>
<BODY><h2>Bad Request - Invalid URL</h2>
<hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.</p>
</BODY></HTML>
Jul 29 23:43:32 FreeNAS inadyn[85241]: Error response from DDNS server, ignoring ...

So, I chatted with support again. This time they had me tack on more to the end of the custom server address.
Link 1: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=%h&domain=[example.com]&password=[DDNS Pass]
Link 2: dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=@&domain=[example.com]&password=[DDNS Pass]

Now I have this error:
Jul 30 00:32:14 FreeNAS inadyn[87321]: Failed resolving hostname dynamicdns.park-your-domain.com/update?host=%h&domain=[example.com]&password=[DDNS Pass]: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

At this point, Namecheap support didn't really have an answer. But the second link they gave me was a good start. When I go to that page I'm given the following message:
SETDNSHOSTeng[MY IP]00true
So I see someone is getting my public IP, but not Namecheap.

Any suggestions? Thanks!