Configure iSCSI to access disks when i'm not at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dev96

Cadet
i need to configure iSCSI to access disks when i'm not at home. i have a no-ip ddns to control the web gui and the ftp service, but i have a problem with iSCSI protocol. if I write the ddns adress into Windows iSCSI initiators while i'm using my network at home the protocol works, but if i try, for example with my friend's LAN appear an error message .. -.- D:
thanks for help :)
p.s i'm italian so sorry for mistakes

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi dev96,

Let me see if I got this correct....you want to connect a computer remotely to an iscsi device? I assume this iscsi device is already connected to another computer?

The short answer is you don't do this.

iscsi isn't meant to be used like this, you shouldn't ever have a router between things that talk iscsi & doing it remotely (through many routers) makes this idea even worse. The other thing is you never want non-cluster aware systems to share an iscsi device.

Is there any reason you can't connect directly to whatever system is using the iscsi device over something like ftp?

-Will

Dev96

Cadet
i'm a beginner with all this thing, maybe i chosed the wrong protocol. i need to read and write file on my hard disk from whatever computer connected to internet, so what is the easier way to do this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.