Community, I'd like to have your feedback on this configuration.

WN1X

Explorer
I do not believe that processor supports ECC memory.

rvassar

Guru
I do not believe that processor supports ECC memory.

I believe you're right. Additionally... I think that motherboard uses the C246 chipset, and dropped support for the Skylake / Kaby-Lake procs. It may require a Coffee-Lake CPU, and might need a BIOS update to support the Coffee-Lake gen2's.

This is also the point in the Core series where the ECC support got weird. The Kaby-Lake & Coffee-Lake i3's only support ECC in the embedded versions, and I think there were embedded i5's that did as well, adding to the confusion. The Skylake i3's I believe do support ECC memory. And all these share the LGA1151 socket. Other options may be the Coffee-Lake Xeon's & Pentium Gold CPU's.

I think the Xeon E-21xxG CPU's would allow you to omit the GeForce 210.

krantz

Dabbler
I believe you're right. Additionally... I think that motherboard uses the C246 chipset, and dropped support for the Skylake / Kaby-Lake procs. It may require a Coffee-Lake CPU, and might need a BIOS update to support the Coffee-Lake gen2's.

This is also the point in the Core series where the ECC support got weird. The Kaby-Lake & Coffee-Lake i3's only support ECC in the embedded versions, and I think there were embedded i5's that did as well, adding to the confusion. The Skylake i3's I believe do support ECC memory. And all these share the LGA1151 socket. Other options may be the Coffee-Lake Xeon's & Pentium Gold CPU's.

I think the Xeon E-21xxG CPU's would allow you to omit the GeForce 210.
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.