Changed out failed boot drive... now pool is encrypted

kjemison

Dabbler
I have a production system that I have used for over 2 years now. It is running FN 11.3

The boot pool failed - Error: Pool could not be imported: 2 devices failed to decrypt

FreeNAS 11.3-U5

Now, I have rebooted this system over the last 2 years about 4 times and the system has rebooted from battery exhaustion from power outages probably another 4 times over the course of 24 - 30 months. This system never had an encrypted pool setup. I have never had to unlock the pool after a power outage / reboot.

I need some help with this and if not with this forum then maybe someone knows of an expert that I can hire.

I do not have the GELI key as I did not choose encryption upon setup of the pool. I have never ever had a problem with using the pass phrase on many other systems over the last 15 or so years... they always work... just not this time so, I am kind of dead in the water.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Kell

Arwen

MVP
It would be helpful to have the full hardware specifications, the boot-pool layout and device type(s), as well as your data pool and device type(s). Plus, the output of zpool import and zpool status in code tags.