SOLVED Changed Boards, No More Access to Shares

BloodyChapel

Cadet
Basically, everything is still working and I am still able to access the Web GUI, but none of the shares I made are accessible by any users anymore besides the plex user accessing my media pool after changing from an AMD board to an Intel board. I've even tried to make everything in the pool accessible to everyone and still nothing.

I'll list out to the best of my memory what I've done so far:
- I tried stripping the ACLs and rebuilding them from the documentation on the Truenas website, but now nothing (even the plex user) can access either of my shares/pools.
- I've tried to access them from Windows using the server IP and the users all get their access denied.
- I've tried running an chmod in many configurations on my pool
- I've tried rebuilding the SMB shares
- I've tried rebuilding the users
- I've tried giving everyone full access to the shares
- I've tried uploading my old configuration files

That's what I can remember doing. No clue what I'm doing wrong, I've followed every tutorial and they keep doing the same thing I am. It would help if I knew more about ACLs, but it's 9PM and my thoughts are mush.

Any help would be appreciated

My Setup:
CPU: Intel i7 11700
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: NZXT Z590
Intel NIC

Drives:
- 2 WD Red Drives
- 1 NVME Drive
- 1 Samsung Sata SSD

jlpellet

Patron
As a first step, I'd do the following:
1. Storage>Pool>Edit permissions assign dataset & owner to guest
2. Share ACL set permission to FULL & type to ALLOWED
3. In Services>SMB>Edit Share>Advance options, set guest account to GUEST & File & Directory masks to 0777
4. in Services, stop the SBM service, wait for the gui to update, then restart it.
Basically, this is what I use to establish uncontrolled guest access to a share. If this works, you can then fine tune access restrictions.
Good luck.
John

BloodyChapel

Cadet
As a first step, I'd do the following:
1. Storage>Pool>Edit permissions assign dataset & owner to guest
2. Share ACL set permission to FULL & type to ALLOWED
3. In Services>SMB>Edit Share>Advance options, set guest account to GUEST & File & Directory masks to 0777
4. in Services, stop the SBM service, wait for the gui to update, then restart it.
Basically, this is what I use to establish uncontrolled guest access to a share. If this works, you can then fine tune access restrictions.
Good luck.
John
No luck. Everything I do gives me an error on the windows side of "The specified network password is not correct."

I check the login attempts and there's only "NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER"

jlpellet

Patron
OK. Some followup questions since it seems this may be a Windows network access issue rather than the server SMB settings.
1. What version of Windows?
2. What account are you telling Windows to use to connect to the server?
3. Have you deleted any Windows saved network passwords?
4. Have you tried from Windows using guest access without password?
John

BloodyChapel

Cadet
Update: Reinstalled TrueNas Core. All is well. I figured there was some file or folder somewhere holding out of date data which was causing the issues, so my solution was to start from scratch. It worked! I was able to make users and shares just fine. Thank you for the help.