can't get AD to work on 9.3 version....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zykon

Cadet
about 2 months ago I tried make a upgrade from version 9.1 to 9.3, I never managed to make the AD work so I was forced to roll back

Now I'm trying something different, I made a fresh 9.3 install on another HW, setting up things from scratch and I still can't get the AD to work

here two problems that I have

first problem, the system automatically changes my smb4.conf file to a wrong one, if I manually edit the file, add the same parameters I have been using in another box, restart the service by command line, I can get the users to show up by doing wbinfo -u, but as soon as I reboot the box or disable/enable the service using the GUI the conf files goes back to the wrong one that has a 'server role = standalone' parameter, this makes samba not work

second problem, even when I use the right smb4.conf file, join the sever in the domain, the AD service fails to start by giving me {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}.
i read this can be because of the A and PTR records on the DNS server configuration, but I checked and they are correct already, so its not the problem

this shouldn't have been so difficult and buggy...

Zykon

Cadet
ok, I referted the changed I made on the CLI, and sent you the debug file :)

Status
Not open for further replies.