Can't delete remnants of removing plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon60

Guru
I had 2 plugins installed in Freenas 9.2.1.5, then decided to remove them. So I managed to remove what I thought was all the subfolders, but the main jails folder was left showing in windows explorer.
I then managed to remove the plugin folders, of which all the sub folders had been removed in Freenas.

Now I am left with /jails/ other subfolders i.e:
[root@freenas ~]# cd /mnt/WinShare/jails/
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails]# ls
.warden-template-pluginjail
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails]# cd /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-plug injail/ [root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail]# ls
bin lib libexec sbin usr var
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail]# cd /mnt/WinShare /jails/.warden-template-pluginjail/lib/
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail/lib]# ls libc.so.7 libcrypt.so.5 libthr.so.3
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail/lib]# rm -rf libc. so.7 rm: libc.so.7: Operation not permitted
[root@freenas /mnt/WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail/lib]#

Is there anyway I can remove all the remnants of the plugins or jails folder.

In the storage view, under my WinShare cif folder I have
a /Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail directory.

At the botom of that page there is a button to 'Destroy dataset', and when I click on it there is this:
Are you sure you want to destroy "WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail"?

This will delete all files within the dataset

Does that mean all my data which is on my nas box?

Whattteva

Wizard
Anything under .../jails should just be jail data and nothing else (unless you yourself put other things in there in the past).

avalon60

Guru
That is why I copied the screen output so that the other folders could be seen. These other folders are not visible in windows explorer, but the /jails folder is, and I can't delete or remove it because it is not empty.

So as can be seen, I have these directories under the jails directory:

/bin
/lib
/libexec
/sbin
/usr
/var

And then under each directory there are files which I don't have permission to delete.

Whattteva

Wizard
Oh yeah, those are built-in file system that come with the jail itself. You're not really supposed to delete those manually like that.
You're just supposed to delete all your jails and then destroy the jail dataset if you no longer need it (all from the web GUI, no CLI magic).

avalon60

Guru
At the botom of that page there is a button to 'Destroy dataset', and when I click on it there is this:
Are you sure you want to destroy "WinShare/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail"?

This will delete all files within the dataset

Does that mean all my data which is on my nas box , or just the jails dataset, if that is what you mean

Whattteva

Wizard
Yes, as long as you select ONLY that dataset (WinShare/jails/bla).
On that list, there should be a few datasets. I'm guessing WinShare/some_other_dir is where your real data resides.

avalon60

Guru
Thanks, and that is what I did.
Selected the jails line under my WinShare line, and destroyed the jails dataset, only/

Status
Not open for further replies.