Cannot Start CIFS or Create CIFS Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

stadlereric

Dabbler
This started in 9.2.1.6 release. I have tried downgrading to 9.2.1.6RC2 which is what i was on to no avail.

I cannot start the CIFS service or create a CIFS share, my existing shares are no longer visible in the gui. I created a bug #5468, and posted the traceback in the bug report.

I'm looking here to see what logs I can sift through to discover the source of the problem.

Here are the last few lines of the log displayed in the guy:
Jul 7 21:46:34 freenas notifier: django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such column: sharing_cifs_share.cifs_default_permissions
Jul 7 21:46:34 freenas notifier: winbindd not running? (check /winbindd.pid).
Jul 7 21:46:34 freenas notifier: smbd not running? (check /smbd.pid).
Jul 7 21:46:34 freenas notifier: nmbd not running? (check /nmbd.pid).
Jul 7 21:46:34 freenas notifier: Performing sanity check on Samba configuration: FAILED

EDIT: something i've noticed but do not know if it is an issue or how to resolve is that /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf is missing. I have other .conf files in that location but smb4.conf is not located in the directory. So i cannot run a testparm

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sounds to me like your config file is messed up or something..

stadlereric

Dabbler
which config file do you speak of? i've seen a lot of your posts cyberjock and figured if anyone could help it would be you. is there any logs i can look at or post?

Here is the output of generate_smb4_conf.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "generate_smb4_conf.py", line 808, in <module>
main()
File "generate_smb4_conf.py", line 775, in main
generate_smb4_shares(smb4_shares)
File "generate_smb4_conf.py", line 487, in generate_smb4_shares
if len(shares) == 0:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 77, in __len__
self._fetch_all()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 854, in _fetch_all
self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py", line 220, in iterator
for row in compiler.results_iter():
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py", line 713, in results_iter
for rows in self.execute_sql(MULTI):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py", line 786, in execute_sql
cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 99, in __exit__
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/sqlite3/base.py", line 451, in execute
return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: no such column: sharing_cifs_share.cifs_default_permissions

When i try to create a share this is the part of the traceback that i think is key to me finding root cause.

table sharing_cifs_share has no column named cifs_default_permissions

stadlereric

Dabbler
Someone from the FreeNAS bug team said the config was corrupt, so i started a fresh install. Shortly after that someone else from the FreeNAS team offered help but i had already started down the fresh install path. The issue is now resolved as a result of a fresh install.

Thanks to all who helped get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.