Cannot access webgui after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasuser12

Dabbler
Hi all,
I just upgraded my FreeNAS 9.2.0 x64 installation to 9.2.1.1 x64 using the webgui. After the reboot(s), I cannot access the webgui anymore. I can access the FreeNAS setup using ssh though, so the ip address seems to be ok.
Also, I cannot seem to access the storage from my desktop anymore.

Does anybody have an idea what might have gone wrong and how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance!

nasuser12

Dabbler
I have gotten a bit further now. It seems that my plugins (ownlcoud, sickbeard etc) are running and I can access them fine with my browser. The FreeNAS gui however, is still not loading. Also, the shares in my NAS are unaccessible from Windows. The files are ok though, since I can see the perfectly fine in owncloud.
I tried reverting to the FreeNAS version before the update (reboot and press F2 in the boot loader), but ended up with the same situation.

Does anyone have a suggestion? If not, I am affraid I will have to do a fresh install of FreeNAS. Without the gui I find it hard to use it.

gpsguy

Do you have a saved copy of your configuration file?

I'd do a fresh install on another 4Gb flash drive. Once you've done that and can access the webGUI, restore your saved configuration file.

nasuser12

Dabbler
Thanks gpsguy.
I just did something similar (before reading your post actually). I reset FreeNAS to factory default settings using the console. Afterwards, I was able to access the gui at freenas.local. I then proceeded te upload my configuration file from before the upgrade. Afterwards the FreeNAS machine rebooted. After the reboot I have the same problem however. My plugins work fine, but the gui is inaccessible, just like my shares.
Do you think a fresh install ans restoring settings would work better than this?
If not, I might need to do a reset/fresh install and manually reconfiger my setup.

gpsguy

I'd do a fresh install (on another flash drive) of 9.2.0 x64 and restore your config file. See if you can get it back to where it was before the upgrade.

RyanD

Cadet
Hello,

I have the exact same problem. Upgraded from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.1 x64 and I cannot access the WebGUI or Samba shares, but all my Jails are running fine.

Factory reset via console restores WebGUI access but restoring the config db breaks it again. I plan to try a manual re-install of 9.2.0 today.

I notice a key factor that both of us did is skip 9.2.1, which may contribute to this bug.
This is definitely a bug that needs to be looked into.

**UPDATE** I did a clean re-install of 9.2.0 x64 via CD to a blank USB stick and then restored my pre-upgrade 9.2.0 config db file and I am now back to my normal pre-upgrade state with everything working. Any suggestions what to check or change before trying to upgrade again?

nasuser12

Dabbler
Thank you very much! I will try your suggestion soon and post the results.
Edit:
The following commands from the bug-report works.
Code:
rm /var/log
mkdir /var/log
service nginx start

My CIFS shares do not yet work however. Should I restart CIFS service as well? Trying "service cifs restart" does not work. Anybody a suggestion? The service is started according to the GUI.
Simply toggling CIFS on and off in the GUI got my shares working again. Thanks again for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.