building tools in a separate jail or as part of the final jail?

seanshankus

Cadet
Hey totally new with FreeBSD & Jails. My final goal is to build a jail that runs Universal Media Server in a jail, but they don't offer a FreeBSD port so I believe I need to fork their project and Build it. Its a maven based project so I'm sure i'll just run into whatever differences there are in dependencies may exist between the different versions of unix/linux. Maybe i'll get luckly and it works the first build. ANYWAY my question is, Do i build a seperate "building" jail of the actual UMS Jail, that has all the development libraries and what not; or just one jail that has everything? I seems you can't build directly off the host (or its HIGHLY advised against), so i'm not sure where to put the development/build stuff at?

I hope i explained this properly. My google-fu was failing me for finding a guide on how to accomplish this.

sretalla