Best way to migrate all my data to different server

Temereen64

Dabbler
Greetings everyone,

I recently built a Freenas Server (thanks again to the community. I read through several threads and documentation over and over and was successful). Anyway, I have been given another Freenas Server that is old and on its last leg. I want to transfer all of the data to my new server. What is the best method to go about doing this? Should I remove the drives from the old server and install them in the new server and import the pool? (Note: my new server is already set up, has an existing pool with data). How do I go about this transfer without ruining what I have, while successfully importing the new data? Also I don't want to retain anything from the old server. I only want the data. (after the transfer I will safely dispose of the old drives and give the old equipment away assuming anyone has a use for it. )

Some specs listed below

1. New server (Freenas 11.3) has an existing pool I have already set up jails and things I want (Plex etc)
2. Old server (Freenas 11.1 I think) On its last leg error messages (Boot disc degraded, etc.) Has existing pool with data that I want.

Replicate datasets of interest from the old server to the new server. Make sure you refer to replication in the 11.1 documentation as replication is significantly different in 11.3. Because of this, you will probably need to do a manual setup.