Backblaze B2 Error 14 after update to 11.2-RC1

sck0006

Cadet
I am having an issue getting FreeNAS connected to Backblaze B2. I've tried using the Acccount ID and Master Application Key, Application Key ID and Application Key, as well as Account ID and Application Key with no luck.

I saw others post that updating to 11.2RC1 resolved the issue, so I updated with no change.

The specific error is:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1043, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 983, in _call
return await methodobj(*args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 664, in nf
return await f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 481, in list_buckets
return await self.ls({"credentials": credentials}, "")
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/cloud_sync.py", line 518, in ls
raise CallError(proc.stderr)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] 2018/11/15 10:23:22 Failed to create file system for "remote:": failed to authorize account: failed to authenticate: Get https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account: dial tcp: lookup api.backblazeb2.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:58044->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Steve

D

dlavigne

Does RC2 resolve it? If not, please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

sck0006

Cadet
Finally getting back around to this.
Updated to 11.2 U3, now the error is truncated but looks like a basic authentication issue.

Error: 14
[EFAULT] 2019/05/03 15:45:58 Failed to create file system for "remote:": failed to authorize account: failed to authenticate: Get https://api.backblazeb2.com/b2api/v1/b2_authorize_account: dial tcp: lookup api.backblazeb2.com on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:48010->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

I've tried using Master Application ID & Key, as well as Application Key ID & Key. I've tried deleting all keys & regenerating multiple times.

I've even tried typing them in manually to make sure it's not a copy/paste issue.

I'm hesitant to submit a bug report as I'm not sure this is a S/W bug, it seems most others that had similar issues were resolved in RC1 and putting the right key in the right place.

Are there any possible firewall issues that could be preventing authentication?

D

dlavigne

Does the issue persist after updating to U4? If so, it is worth reporting to make sure you're not hitting some edge case.

D

dlavigne

If anyone does make a ticket, please post the issue number here.

Astrodonkey

Explorer
Ok, so after filing the bug and working with support, it looks like the issue with this is the terminology Backblaze is using. I got this to work as follows:
* There is no need to use the "master" application key. Use the individual bucket keys provided when you first set up your B2 bucket.
* I had to enter the B2 bucket "Key ID" in the "Account ID or Application Key ID" field (this is a hex string, character 0-9 and a-f), and the B2 bucket "Application Key" in "Master Application Key or Application Key" (string of random characters). They have changed the terminology somewhat, making it confusing (to me at least).
* I was missing a default gateway in my freenas configuration. I have seen this happen from time to time but not sure of the cause. Anyway, rebooting the box fixed this.

You can also play with the rclone tool on the command line to play around with this a little bit. I did this on another system.

sck0006

Cadet
Finally fixed this!

I was missing a nameserver. Added the router for DNS & all is well.