Anyway to view status of drive import from terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsev

Explorer
Hello,

I'm in the process of copying backed up data over to my newly built Freenas server. I realize that the import function in the GUI will mount the external USB drive, copy data to a database (I set it to my ZFS volume), and the unmount it. However seeing that 1. the GUI doesn't have a progress bar and 2. if I close my browser the little "importing" popup won't pop back up, how can I double check to see the progress?

So far I imported around 100gb from a different drive, but since I didn't know when it was done I opted to be safe and waited a day or two before unplugging (and after confirming size via FTP). This time however I will be importing 2tb of data, hoping there is a more elegant way to confirm progress.

pschatz100

Guru
I don't understand your question. Can't you tell by 1) how much data is on your disk, and 2) how much disk activity is being reported, and 3) when the disk activity on your external disk stops blinking?

donsev

Explorer
I don't understand your question. Can't you tell by 1) how much data is on your disk, and 2) how much disk activity is being reported, and 3) when the disk activity on your external disk stops blinking?

Yes to all of the above, I was hoping there was a "x% copied" kind of thing somewhere. A more direct way of viewing and be certain of what's going on. It feels a bit like guessing with my current method of checking data size and the blinking.

Edit: Attempting to import my second hard drive, however I get the error:

Import of Volume Failed.

Reason No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/storage/views.py", line 350, in volimport
data = json.loads(get_import_progress_from_socket())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Status
Not open for further replies.