Any freelance consultants around for Freenas?

nashgunn

Cadet
We have a small set of servers out of our office in Asia - 4 compute boxes and 2 Freenas Storage boxes. We use Freenas to manage the storage and expose NFS / ISCSI devices to our private cloud. The Private Cloud runs on an old platform called OpenQRM, which we are considering migrating to Proxmox / XCP-NG.

The Freenas instance has been in use for a few years. But, I am not confident of our use of Freenas. In terms of how we are handling backup, optimization of storage, configuration of Zpool, SLOG, etc. I would be comfortable if someone with advanced knowledge of Freenas did a quick check of our config and optimize and improve the same. I expect the work to be in two stages:
1. To review our servers and usage and make recommendations for correction / improvement
(Based on recommendations, we will procure hardware if necessary - SSDs to store the SLOG, etc.)
2. Make the actual config changes to Freenas to ensure proper organization and adherence to best practices for redundancy, retrieval and speed

Edit: Would some of the kind folks here point me to someone who may be able to help? Also, job is remote. We will provide VPN / SSH connectivity into the servers for review / config.

Last edited: