Allow Plugins to Write to Datashares they are not the owners of

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukezon

Cadet
So I was following this guide to install the BTSync Plugin and followed all of the steps except I the datashare I was trying to sync folders to didn't have btsync as the primary owner.

I need it to be like this because the datashare I want it to access is also being used as a CIFS share. I have added the btsync user to group that owns the share (family) but it still won't allow me to write.

How would I allow btsync to write in this share?

Image 001.png Image 002.png

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
You need to verify that that the group permissions are set to allow writing. The folder the files go in need those permissions too. I use the 'staff' built in group for family as that seems to work well. The permissions for CIFS are not the same thing! You have file share permission you set in CIFS, and an additional set you can access via command line or the Web interface in the Storage tab when you select the dataset. Permissions is the first button below the window of data sets on the left hand side.

Good luck.

lukezon

Cadet
You need to verify that that the group permissions are set to allow writing. The folder the files go in need those permissions too. I use the 'staff' built in group for family as that seems to work well. The permissions for CIFS are not the same thing! You have file share permission you set in CIFS, and an additional set you can access via command line or the Web interface in the Storage tab when you select the dataset. Permissions is the first button below the window of data sets on the left hand side.

Good luck.

I have the group set to allow write access (you can see it in the first image in the original post) but it still does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.