Add storage to warden jail from cli

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndersG

Dabbler
I'm trying to automate maintenance of a mysql clone. To do this I will set up a cron job to make snapshots of the original database dataset, create a clone from the snapshot and then mount the clone to a jail running mysql.

I cannot find any instructions for how to remove/add storage for a jail mount point from cli. I tested to use warden fstab, but the changes are not reflected to the UI and as soon as i start the jail again the fstab changes are gone.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I think you might be flogging a dead horse there... the settings are in the config DB if I'm not mistaken, so that means at every opportunity, the FreeNAS code will overwrite CLI changes with what's in the database (like you mention on a restart of the jail).

Iocage behaves more like what you are expecting to see, so I would recommend to switch to iocage jails (which you will need to do soon enough anyway).

AndersG

Dabbler
Thanks for your reply!

I guess there are no cli commands to update the database?

I'm started out with iocage but stumbled on networking. The mysql clone has to be published on a separate nic, on a network where the address space is very limited. Shared IP seems to only be able to route traffic over the hosts default route, and VNET seems a bit experimental and not very documented. Any help is welcome my thread related to that

sretalla