ACL of many users on the same linux server

leksand

Dabbler
Please help:

There is a task to connect smb (cifs) share to several servers with Ubuntu (the settings of each will be identical - mounting to the same folder, on truenas it is /mnt/pool/users, on ubuntu it is mnt/storage.

further inside mnt/storage, each user has their own folder. Users and folders inside the same dataset have already been created, users have their own uids, on truenas it is /mnt/pool/users/user1, on ubuntu it is mnt/storage/user1

fstab I see this
//ip/users /mnt/storage cifs rw,auto,multiuser,cifsacl,credentials=/root/.smbcred 0 0

Is it possible to make one mount point, and then the rights will go based on the same user uid, if I create them on each server of users of identical truenas - the same login + uid?

How do I configure the ACL?

There will also be the same users in the next cloud raised on truenas and their folders accessible via the Internet also need to be mounted to the same servers.

PS: I read the documentation, searched the forum, found one similar question on the forum, but it is unanswered.

P.P.S.: you can make each user their own mount point, but there will be a lot of them and it's not convenient.

leksand

Dabbler
up. please help.

is this too difficult a task, or has no one encountered such problems?