9.1.1, Can connect to CIFS share, can't connect to web gui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Maino

Cadet
I just finished setting up my FreeNAS server (9.1.1 x64) and while I was setting it up, I had it in my living room. While I was setting it up, I was able to reach the web gui for configuration, as well as the CIFS share for moving files around. Once I got everything the way I wanted it, I shut the system down, moved it to it's new home, and booted it back up. Now, using the same IP address as before, I can still reach my CIFS shares and transfer files to/from the server, but I can no longer reach the web gui. The server responds to ping, and, as I mentioned, the CIFS shares are discoverable by my Windows PCs and Linux machines (using Samba).

Prior to moving the machine, I also set it up to email me daily reports on the system. Since trying to access the web gui and being unsuccessful, I have received no alerts, errors, or other indications that there are problems with the system. In the section where it tells you about denied connection attempts there is nothing listed, so I do not think it is purposefully denying me access to the web gui.

Is there a configuration option in the web gui that I may have borked that might be causing this? I can log in to the machine and get to a shell to change things if needed, I'm just not sure where to start. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, it's been a long morning. Title says NFS share, but it's a CIFS share.

paleoN

Wizard
Have you tried a restart yet? It sounds like NGINX may have crashed. From the shell run:
Code:
sockstat -4
You should see the port it's listening on.

Dave Maino

Cadet
Restarting did not help, BUT I did check to see if nginx was running and it was not. When I tried to start it manually I got an error about an invalid IPv6 address. When I went into the config file for nginx there were entries for both v4 and v6 addresses, so I commented out the v6 address and tried to restart and it worked! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

paleoN

Wizard
When I tried to start it manually I got an error about an invalid IPv6 address. When I went into the config file for nginx there were entries for both v4 and v6 addresses, so I commented out the v6 address and tried to restart and it worked! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
That's odd. Is there an IPv6 address defined under interfaces? Does your fix persist after rebooting the NAS? Glad you have it working.

Dave Maino

Cadet
The fix was not persistent until I went into the GUI and changed the settings there and saved them. Now it appears to work upon rebooting.

There was an IPv6 addressed defined under the interfaces, and they appeared to match. I'm not sure what sort of issue it was having with the address, but having it commented out seems to have cleared everything up. Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.