11.3 Replication-Task recursive error

tfili

Dabbler
Hi,

i found a problem when creating, respectively execute a new recursive replication task between two 11.3 servers.
The snapshot is only created for the starting dataset and not for the child datasets.
It is like a missing option -r when executing zfs snapshot

Can anyone confirm this problem.

jenksdrummer

Patron
I've found that the checkbox 'replicate from scratch' is needed for at least the first run; it may be unchecked after that - though I've left mine checked just because it's working and I'm replicating over 10G between FN boxes, so not a huge thing if it needs to send it all over again. Also not keeping a ton of snaps; for much the same reason.

Also, I've found that doing pull replications seem to make more sense; when I setup push replications it seemed to double up the tasks and it got confusing which was the original snap job and which was the same-named snap job associated with the push replica.

Also, once you've created the replica job, if using the wizard (not the advanced, as I don't really know what I'm doing well enough); go back and change it from SSH to SSH + NETCAT. Significantly faster.