1 minute read.Last Modified 2022-01-11 11:17 -0800
TrueCommand 2.1, in conjunction with TrueNAS SCALE, can create clustered volumes that span across multiple volumes.
There are five volume types:
- Replicated - Replicated volume creates copies of files across multiple bricks in the volume. Use replicated volumes in environments where high-availability and high- reliability are critical.
- Distributed - Use distributed volumes where scalable storage and redundancy is either not important, or is provided by other hardware or software layers.
- Dispersed - In dispersed volume data is broken into fragments, expanded and encoded with redundant data pieces and stored across a set of different bricks.
- Distributed replicated - Distributed Replicated volume creates distributed copies of multiple bricks in the volume. Use distributed replicated volumes in environments where high-availability and high-reliability are critical.
- Distributed dispersed - In distributed dispersed data is distributed and broken into fragments, expanded and encoded with redundant data pieces and stored across a set of different bricks.
Cluster volume management is a BETA feature in TrueCommand 2.0 and 2.1. Before using such features, please back up all your data. Do not rely on this for critical data.
TrueNAS does not support distributed dispersed volumes at this time.