3 minute read.Last Modified 2022-04-13 16:05 EDT
September 2, 2021
iXsystems is pleased to release version 3.4.0 of the TrueNAS vCenter plugin. You’ll find numerous improvements in the 3.4.0 plugin, including:
- Fibre Channel datastore support.
- Development script rewritten.
- Revamped plugin build and MANIFEST files.
- HTTPS that was disabled in 3.3.0 due to MANIFEST errors, has been re-enabled.
- Fixed deployment script logging.
Please note that deploying the TrueNAS vCenter Plugin requires TrueNAS host systems with version 11.3 or later installed and vCenter 6.7-U3 or earlier deployed. To install or update to the 3.3.0 TrueNAS vCenter plugin, please contact iXsystems Support.
Customers who purchase iXystems hardware or that want additional support must have a support contract to use iXystems Support Services. The TrueNAS Community forums provides free support for users without an iXsystems Support contract.
|Contact Method||Contact Options|
|Telephone||Monday - Friday, 6:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific Standard Time:|
US-only toll-free: 1-855-473-7449 option 2
Local and international: 1-408-943-4100 option 2
|Telephone||After Hours (24x7 Gold Level Support only):|
US-only toll-free: 1-855-499-5131
International: 1-408-878-3140 (international calling
- [VCP-115] - Refocus snapshot and snapshot task creation for TrueCommand
- [VCP-114] - Deployment logging is not functional
- [VCP-116] - vCenter Plugin Install
- [VCP-125] - The error message should say "You don't have sufficient privilege to Create Datastore "
- [VCP-127] - Cloning Fibre Channel datastores or parallel HBAs fails on target creation
- [VCP-128] - Support log file Error states that it is an unsupported protocol scheme
- [VCP-129] - Remove the text about vCenter removing datastores from the TrueNAS
- [VCP-130] - Cloning a VMFS datastore created it on the TN but not on vCenter
|VCP-135||FC datastore rollback fails.||VMFS rollback fails. Users will have to continue rollback themselves, disabling FC port and then deleting the target, since this release doesn't disable the FC port first, which causes an exception. See related ticket [NAS-111676].|
|VCP-89||vCenter 7.0b has issues rendering the plugin interface.||This is scheduled to be resolved in a future plugin update, but it is recommended for customers to continue using vCenter 6.7-U3 or earlier with this plugin.|
|The plugin replication feature has been removed due to numerous long-standing issues that could not be resolved for this version of the plugin.||Please continue to create replication tasks using the TrueNAS web interface.||VCP-113||Cloned datastores always use the first listed interface.||To work around this issue, either ensure the original datastore is using the desired interface or create a new datastore instead of making a clone.|