4 minute read.Last Modified 2023-05-26 12:02 EDT
SCALE system management options are collected in this section of the UI and organized into a few different screens:
Update controls when the system applies a new version. There are options to download and install an update, have the system check daily and stage updates, or apply a manual update file to the system.
General shows system details and has basic, less intrusive management options, including web interface access, localization, and NTP server connections. This is also where users can input an Enterprise license or create a software bug ticket.
Advanced contains options that are more central to the system configuration or meant for advanced users. Specific options include configuring the system console, log, and dataset pool, adding custom system controls, kernel-level settings, scheduled scripting or commands, and determining any isolated GPU devices. Warning: Advanced settings can be disruptive to system function if misconfigured.
Boot lists each ZFS boot environment stored on the system. These restore the system to a previous version or specific point in time.
Services displays each system component that runs continuously in the background. These typically control data sharing or other external access to the system. Individual services have their own configuration screens and activation toggles, and can be set to run automatically.
Shell allows users to enter commands directly into the TrueNAS Operating System. Shell accepts Unix-like commands, and there is an experimental TrueNAS-specific command-line interface (CLI) for configuring the system separately from the web interface.
Enclosure appears when the system is attached to compatible SCALE hardware. This is a visual representation of the system with additional details about disks and other physical hardware components.
- Updating SCALE: Provides instructions on how to update SCALE releases in the UI.
- Updating SCALE Enterprise HA: Provides instructions on how to update SCALE releases on Enterprise (HA) systems.
- General Settings: Tutorials for configuring many general TrueNAS SCALE settings.
- Managing the System Configuration: Provides information on downloading your TrueNAS SCALE configuration to back up system settings, uploading a new configuration file, and resetting back to default settings.
- Managing General Settings: Provides information on configuring GUI options, localizing TrueNAS SCALE to your region and language, and adding NTP servers.
- Adding a License and Proactive Support: Provides instructions for SCALE Enterprise users to add their system license and set up proactive support.
- Advanced Settings: Tutorials for configuring advanced system settings in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing Advanced Settings: Provides information on adding sysctl variables, setting the system dataset pool, and setting the number of simultaneous replication tasks the system can run.
- Managing Cron Jobs: Provides information on adding or modifying cron jobs in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing the Console Setup Menu: Provides information on the Console setup menu configuration settings including the serial port, port speed, password protection, and the banner users see.
- Managing System Logging: Provides information on setting up or changing the syslog server, the level of logging and the information included in the logs, and using TLS as the transport protocol.
- Managing Init/Shutdown Scripts: Provides information on adding or modifying init/shutdown scripts in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing SEDs: Provides information on adding or modifying self-encrypting drive (SED) user and global passwords in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing GPUs: Provides information on isolating Graphic Processing Units (GPUs) installed in your system for use by a VM in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Managing Boot Environments: Provides instructions on managing TrueNAS SCALE boot environments.
- Services: Tutorials for TrueNAS SCALE services.
- Configuring Dynamic DNS Service: Provides instructions on how to configure dynamic DNS service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring FTP Service: Provides instructions on configuring the FTP service including storage, user, and access permissions.
- Configuring LLDP Services: Provides instuctions on configuring the Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) service.
- Configuring NFS Service: Provides information on configuring NFS service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring OpenVPN Service: Provides configuration information for OpenVPN Client and Server services.
- Configuring Rsync Modules: Provides information on configuring an rsync module and TCP port to use as an alternative to SSH when communicating with TrueNAS as a remote rsync server.
- Configuring S.M.A.R.T. Service: Provides information on S.M.A.R.T. service screen settings.
- Configuring S3 Service: Provides information on configuring S3 service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring SMB Service: Provides instructions on configuring the SMB service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring SNMP Service: Provides information on configuring SNMP service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring SSH Service: Provides information on configuring the SSH service in TrueNAS SCALE and using an SFTP connection.
- Configuring TFTP Services: Provides instructions on configuring TFTP service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring UPS Service: Provides information on configuring UPS service in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Configuring WebDAV Service: Provides information on configuring the WebDAV service.
- Using Shell: Provides information on using the TrueNAS SCALE Shell.