2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-09-20 13:20 EDT
The SCALE Storage section has controls for pool, snapshot, and disk management. The storage section also has options for datasets, zvols, and permissions.
For guidance on clustering storage across multiple SCALE systems, see Clustering and Sharing SCALE Volumes with TrueCommand.
The Import Pool button lets users reconnect pools exported/disconnected from the current system or created on another system. This also reconnects pools after users reinstall or upgrade the TrueNAS system.
The Disks button lets users manage, wipe, and import storage disks that TrueNAS will use for ZFS data storage.
The Create Pool button creates ZFS data storage “pools” from physical disks to efficiently store and protect data.
The Storage screen displays all the pools that users have created on the system. Statistics and status are shown for each pool, along with buttons to manage the different elements of the pool.
The articles in this section offer specific guidance for the different storage management options.
- Pools: Tutorials for creating and managing storage pools in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Pool Creation Wizard: Background considerations and a simple tutorial on creating storage pools in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Disks: Articles with instructions for managing, replacing, and wiping disks.
- Managing Pools: Provides instructions on managing storage pools, VDEVS and disks in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Importing a Pool: Provides information on ZFS importing for storage pools in TrueNAS SCALE. It also addresses GELI-encrypted pools.
- Fusion Pools: Provides information on setting up and using fusion pools.
- SLOG Over-Provisioning: Provides information on the disk_resize command in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Datasets: Tutorials for creating and managing datasets in TrueNAS SCALE.
- Adding and Managing Datasets: Provides instructions on creating and managing datasets.
- Adding and Managing Zvols: Provides instructions on creating, editing and managing zvols.
- Managing User or Group Quotas: Provides information on managing user and group quotas.
- Creating Snapshots: Provides instructions on creating ZFS snapshots in TrueNAS Scale.
- Managing Snapshots: Provides instructions on managing ZFS snapshots in TrueNAS Scale.
- Storage Encryption: Provides information on SCALE storage encryption for pools, root datasets, datasets, and Zvols.
- Setting Up Permissions: Provides instructions on viewing and editing ACL permissions, using the ACL editor screens, and general information on ACLs.
- Installing and Managing Self-Encrypting Drives: Covers self-encrypting drives including supported specifications, implementing and managing SEDs in TrueNAS, and managing SED passwords and data.