2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-10-26 16:14 EDT
This section provides instructions for users that are installing TrueNAS SCALE the first time on their own system hardware, and for users that need to do a clean install of SCALE.
TrueNAS SCALE Enterprise customers should contact iXsystem Support for assistance with the initial set up and configuration of their systems.
The installation process covers installing SCALE using an
Finally, it covers backing up your system configuration to a file and saving an initial system debug file.
If you plan to use this TrueNAS SCALE system as part of a cluster, complete the configuration process and then save the system configuration file. Then set up TrueCommand to manage your TrueSCALE systems. To set up clusters of TrueNAS SCALE systems use TrueCommand to create and manage the cluster and nodes.
- Preparing for SCALE UI Configuration: Provides information you need to complete the SCALE configuration using the SCALE UI.
- Preparing for SCALE UI Configuration (Enterprise): Provides information you need to complete the SCALE Enterprise configuration using the SCALE UI.
- Preparing for SCALE UI Configuration (Home Users): Provides information home users need to complete the SCALE configuration using the SCALE UI.
- Installing SCALE: Provides SCALE installation instructions for both physical hardware and virtual machines using an iso file. It also describes the iso verification process using and OpenPGP encryption application.
- Installing SCALE Enterprise (HA): Provides a sequential process to complete the installation of a SCALE Enterprise (HA) dual controller system using an iso file and the SCALE UI.
- Using the Console Setup Menu: Provides information on using the Console setup menu after installing TrueNAS SCALE from the iso file to configure network settings.