2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-10-26 16:14 EDT
This section provides instructions for users that are configuring TrueNAS SCALE for the first time.
TrueNAS EnterpriseTrueNAS SCALE Enterprise customers should contact iXsystem Support for assistance with the initial set up and configuration of their systems.
After completing the installation process, you can either use the Console setup menu to reconfigure the primary network interface with a static IP address or use the SCALE UI to make network changes and complete the initial configuration.
Configuring your system includes:
- Setting up your first pool
- Setting up data sharing
- Setting up backup for the system and your stored data
Other options include:
- Setting up Clustering
- Configuring virtual machines (VMs) or Apps
- First Time Login: Guides with configuring web interface access and logging in to the TrueNAS SCALE web interface for the first time.
- Configuring SCALE Using the UI: Provides a sequential process to complete SCALE initial configuration using the SCALE UI.
- Setting Up Storage: Provides basic instructions for setting up your first storage pool and dataset or zvol.
- Setting Up Data Sharing: Provides general information on setting up basic data sharing on TrueNAS SCALE.
- Backing Up TrueNAS: Provides general information and instructions on setting up data storage backup solutions, saving the system configuration and initial system debug files, and creating a boot environment.
- Preparing for Clustering: Initial setup procedures to prepare a system for clustering.
- Configuring Virtualization and Apps in TrueNAS SCALE: Provides general information on setting up virtual machines and applications on TrueNAS SCALE.