3 minute read.Last Modified 2021-11-04 11:32 EDT
TrueNAS Quality Lifecycle
|Release Stage||Completed QA Cycles||Typical Use-case||Description|
|ALPHA||1||Testers||Not much field testing|
|BETA||2||Enthusiasts||Major Feature Complete, but expect some bugs|
|RC||3||Home Users||Suitable for non-critical deployments|
|RELEASE||4||General Use||Suitable for less complex deployments|
|U1||5||Business Use||Suitable for more complex deployments|
|U2+||6+||Mission Critical||Suitable for critical uptime deployments|
November 4, 2021
iXsystems is pleased to announce the availability of TrueNAS SCALE 22.02-RC.1-1! This is a maintenance release that fixes ZFS pool import issues.
To download an
To upgrade an existing SCALE install, log in to your SCALE web interface and go to System Settings > Update.
SCALE is developed as an appliance that uses specific Linux packages with each release. Attempting to update SCALE with
aptor methods other than the SCALE web interface can result in a nonfunctional system.
- [NAS-113052] - Can't update TrueNAS Scale 21.08 Beta 2 to 22.02 RC1. Stuck on ZFS import.
|ZFS feature flag has been removed in this release.||See ZFS Feature Flag Removal for more information.|
|SCALE Gluster/Cluster.||Gluster/Cluster features are still in testing. Administrators should use caution when deploying and avoid use with critical data.|
|NAS-112119||Depreciate Custom "Options" for Interfaces on SCALE.||Specifying custom options for network interfaces in SCALE has been removed.|
|NAS-110263||AFP sharing is removed from TrueNAS SCALE. The protocol is deprecated and no longer receives development effort or security fixes.||TrueNAS SCALE automatically migrates any existing AFP shares into an SMB configuration that is preset to function like an AFP share.|
|NAS-111055||UI Slowdowns from custom catalog installation||Due to the large repository, TrueCharts has performance issues when adding the repo to TrueNAS for the first time or adding after the upgrade. Users will need to refresh the Apps catalog and expect to wait a short time for the first sync to complete.|
xattr_compatfeature flag removed
- Users who created or upgraded a pool using a TrueNAS SCALE nightly build dated between June 29, 2021 and July 15, 2021 are impacted by this change.
- Users who have manually set
xattr_compat=allon a dataset and written an xattr are impacted by this change.
- If unsure, you can verify a pool’s status of the
xattr_compatfeature flag. If the flag is in the active state, you are impacted by this change.
- Any pool that has had the feature active, must be backed up and restored into a pool created on a version of ZFS without the feature. For details on how to perform data protection procedures, please refer to the TrueNAS SCALE Data Protection documentation.
See the ZFS Feature Flags Removal article for more information.