2 minute read.Last Modified 2021-03-23 12:18 EDT
June 2, 2020
FreeNAS 11.3-U3.2 is a hotpatch to fix critical issues with editing local user accounts, race conditions with AFP/SMB service startup, and ACL User and Group ownership. There are also some bug fixes for High Availability and failover to be included in the upcoming TrueNAS 11.3-U3.2 release.
- NAS-106268 WebUI is overwriting owner/group information on ACL form submit
- NAS-106237 Since update 11.3 problems starting services AFP / SMB
- NAS-106197 TN HA db corruption with alerts
- NAS-106175 Can’t edit local users in webui in 11.3-U3
- NAS-106018 missing warning message about making syslog persistent
- NAS-105969 HA disabled widget does not show reason why HA is disabled
- NAS-105889 Apply Pending Updates verbiage is wrong
- NAS-105875 New webUI upgrade button doesn’t work
- NAS-105588 aberrations in the length it takes to failover on 11.3 HA
The UI can become unresponsive after upgrading. If this occurs, clear the browser cache and refresh the page (shift-F5).
11.3-U3.1 is a hotpatch to fix critical issues with SMB shares being unavailable until the service restarted (NAS-106167) and SSH hostkeys changing on boot (NAS-106170).
The UI can become unresponsive after upgrading. If this occurs, clear the browser cache and refresh the page with shift-F5.
Some local user accounts can’t be edited (NAS-106175). This issue can be worked around in 11.3-U3 by replacing the existing uneditable user with a new account.
iXsystems is pleased to release Update 3 for FreeNAS 11.3! FreeNAS 11.3-U3 is a maintenance release that includes over one hundred bug fixes and quality of life improvements for the software. Notable fixes include:
- Network Interfaces section updates (NAS-105964, NAS-105963, NAS-105960, NAS-105959, NAS-105958, NAS-105965)
- Allow mounting NFS shares with either Kerberos or default security when Require Kerberos for NFSv4 is disabled. (NAS-105956)
- Import a Samba 4 patch for an Apple Time Machine bug (NAS-105911)
- UI visual improvements (NAS-105909, NAS-105916, NAS-105927, NAS-105907, NAS-105862, NAS-105800, NAS-105713, NAS-105661, NAS-105601, NAS-105513)
- Improve Active Directory auto-rejoin (NAS-105853)
- Merge FreeBSD patches and update FreeNAS Kernel to 11.3-RELEASE-p8 (NAS-105837)
- Improvements to the alert system (NAS-105785, NAS-105792, NAS-105833, NAS-105876, NAS-105715, NAS-105684, NAS-105664, NAS-105660)
- Make fstab handling for Jail mount points more robust (NAS-105735)
- Temperature reporting fallback for drives on a SCSI HBA (NAS-105656)
- SMB sharing improvements (NAS-105395, NAS-105443, NAS-105443, NAS-105445, NAS-105951, NAS-105578, NAS-105703, NAS-105833, NAS-105835, NAS-105911, NAS-106049, NAS-106047)
The Jira FreeNAS 11.3-U3 issue tracker has a full list of changes included in this release: Jira FreeNAS 11.3-U3 issue tracker.