6 minute read.Last Modified 2021-08-10 09:40 EDT
TrueNAS Quality Lifecycle
|Release Stage||Completed QA Cycles||Typical Use-case||Description|
|ALPHA||1||Testers||Not much field testing|
|BETA||2||Enthusiasts||Major Feature Complete, but expect some bugs|
|RC||3||Home Users||Suitable for non-critical deployments|
|RELEASE||4||General Use||Suitable for less complex deployments|
|U1||5||Business Use||Suitable for more complex deployments|
|U2+||6+||Mission Critical||Suitable for critical uptime deployments|
August 3, 2021
TrueNAS 12.0-U5 was released on August 3, 2021. A full list of changes and bug fixes is available for those with an account on the TrueNAS Jira bug tracker. Issues resolved include:
- About twenty improvements and eighty bug fixes.
- Python upgrades to address potential memory leaks and eliminate rare middleware crashes.
- OpenZFS update to 2.0.5.
- Several security updates to key components that are not available in 11.3.
- TrueNAS R-Series and Mini Enclosure management has been improved.
- Several WebUI improvements - including resolving a dashboard CPU% bug.
- NVMe drives automatic resizing support.
- M-series HA improvements.
TrueNAS 12.0-U5 is compatible with all of the iXsystems platforms from the FreeNAS/TrueNAS Minis, to the power-efficient X-Series, all the way up to the flagship High Availability (HA) M-Series. There is also a new R-Series product line that can run CORE, Enterprise, and SCALE editions of TrueNAS. All of these can be updated via the web UI and include graphical enclosure management.
For those with FreeNAS installed on your system, we recommend upgrading to FreeNAS 11.3-U5 first and then upgrading to TrueNAS 12.0-U5 with a single click to retain roll-back options. While it is an easy web update, we do recommend waiting to update your system’s zpool feature flags until you are finished validating your performance and functionality.
For those with TrueNAS HA systems and support contracts, we recommend contacting iXsystems support to schedule an upgrade. We will verify your systems’ health, configuration, and support the upgrade process as part of the “white glove” service that comes with any support contract.
|Contact Method||Contact Options|
|Telephone||Monday - Friday, 6:00AM to 6:00PM Pacific Standard Time:|
US-only toll-free: 1-855-473-7449 option 2
Local and international: 1-408-943-4100 option 2
|Telephone||After Hours (24x7 Gold Level Support only):|
US-only toll-free: 1-855-499-5131
International: 1-408-878-3140 (international calling
rates will apply)
Please check out the updated TrueNAS documentation even if you don’t upgrade today. We’re extremely grateful for all the contributions received thus far and encourage more user suggestions going forward.
- [NAS-103353] - Update dns/inadyn-troglobit to 2.5
- [NAS-105663] - Dataset tree collapses after every edit
- [NAS-108723] - Expand disk_resize to also cover nvme
- [NAS-110612] - Deal with quill security vulnerability
- [NAS-110691] - ioc_plugin.py eats 160MB+ RAM off the HEAP on middlewared startup
- [NAS-110712] - add --trace-malloc arg to middlewared
- [NAS-110719] - Remove lxml usage from vm plugin for freebsd
- [NAS-110724] - alert polling certificates is inefficient and CPU intensive
- [NAS-110756] - run certs alert source once a day and not on standby node
- [NAS-110765] - remove lxml from fc_hba_not_present alert source
- [NAS-110766] - remove lxml from global_freebsd plugin
- [NAS-110769] - remove lxml from fcport plugin
- [NAS-110793] - remove lxml and xml.etree from identify_freebsd plugin
- [NAS-110922] - remove py-lxml dependency from middlewared
- [NAS-110987] - Expose `checksum` for public APIs of ZFS info
- [NAS-111124] - cache static info and optimize system.info on TN CORE
- [NAS-111373] - Merge zfs-2.0.5
- [NAS-111384] - snmp-agent crash on VMs
- [NAS-109709] - many users are reporting python38 core dumping
- [NAS-111220] - Enclosure management mapping may not work properly for TrueNAS R Series
- [NAS-106198] - CPU dashboard % not updating correctly in Safari
- [NAS-106539] - bash prompt $PS1 set to const string
- [NAS-107412] - snapshot retention policy is being ignored
- [NAS-109716] - Keep getting core files
- [NAS-109720] - Interrupted full replications are silently failing to resume
- [NAS-109842] - 2FA authentication missing for enterprise
- [NAS-110232] - Inappropriate triangle warning icon shown upon success
- [NAS-110250] - Encryption crashes during high activity
- [NAS-110257] - S.M.A.R.T. test results don't display in UI when last test was interrupted
- [NAS-110496] - Alert - Failed to check for alert HasUpdate
- [NAS-110549] - NextCloud plugin install fails because of MySQL 8.0
- [NAS-110600] - Error exporting/disconnecting pool - 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
- [NAS-110618] - Start SSH service on SSH pairing
- [NAS-110634] - handle_request_update: Could not read RRD file
- [NAS-110635] - Vm wont start
- [NAS-110665] - OpenStack Swift auth_version Invalid Version
- [NAS-110667] - Add testparm output to debug
- [NAS-110671] - Middlewared is leaking enourmous amounts of memory (high CPU usage as well)
- [NAS-110701] - Remove copy-paste error from old AD LDAP code.
- [NAS-110702] - smdb bug
- [NAS-110720] - .recycle bin creating folder structure on delete but no items in folders
- [NAS-110754] - rsync task configuration corrupted
- [NAS-110773] - Fix kerberos error
- [NAS-110779] - system.info: boottime timestamp wrong
- [NAS-110783] - Only unlock SED drives on Active Controller
- [NAS-110799] - smbd.core created
- [NAS-110860] - CPU widget not working in 12.0-U4
- [NAS-110874] - Update to fio-3.26 or newer in TrueNAS 12.0
- [NAS-110927] - No UI option to change the readonly state of a ZVOL.
- [NAS-110928] - Can't expand Pool
- [NAS-110962] - s3:modules:zfsacl - add legacy delete parameter
- [NAS-110969] - Increase verbosity of range-related idmap verrors
- [NAS-110976] - Print full shell pipe commands in the debug instead of obfuscated and…
- [NAS-110990] - lib/tevent - log fd errors at trace
- [NAS-111000] - S3 secret key cannot be shown (button show/hide doesn't work)
- [NAS-111007] - Storage>Pools>Create Pool help text for encryption goes to ZoL 0.8.3 URL
- [NAS-111033] - smb coredump
- [NAS-111042] - pool.dataset: optimized create/update operations
- [NAS-111046] - Middleware/UI not giving optimal volblocksize for 5 wide raidz1 layout
- [NAS-111053] - Merge FreeBSD EN-21:11,14,17,19,22 SA-21:11-12
- [NAS-111069] - Add default value for extra list attribute
- [NAS-111080] - Fix Enclosure Mapping for early version Mini X 3.0 Systems
- [NAS-111098] - Manual update stuck at 0 percent from core to scale
- [NAS-111099] - Replication progress says "total 11.12 TiB of 11.04 TiB"
- [NAS-111132] - Fix r10 enclosures
- [NAS-111142] - The following system core files were found rrdcached.core
- [NAS-111148] - Don't expect rackmount servers to always have SAS Expander data
- [NAS-111168] - off-by-one in snmpd causes SIGSEGV
- [NAS-111182] - snapshot as shadow copies is broken
- [NAS-111188] - UI Debug failing to complete
- [NAS-111219] - Asus XG-C100C 10G not showing up
- [NAS-111222] - Pulling drive causes enclosure management vdev bug
- [NAS-111223] - Fix R40 to comply with enclosure management nep specified single mapped enclosure to UI.
- [NAS-111242] - mrsas(4) handling for large misaligned I/Os
- [NAS-111259] - Fix R20 to comply to enclosure management NEP
- [NAS-111273] - Fix R50 to comply with enclosure NEP
- [NAS-111283] - Error when creating ubuntu vm in Scale
- [NAS-111343] - Additional Enclosure Fixes
- [NAS-111377] - OpenZFS: Merge zfs-2.0.5
- [NAS-111390] - Enclosure Management fix for R20A.
- [NAS-111396] - Revert r20a slot layout to default
- [NAS-111406] - Fix for mini-3.0-xl+ 2.5 inch drive bays being swapped.
- [NAS-111487] - Do not crash pool.dataset.kill_processes if a process has terminated on its own (by themylogin)
|NAS-106992||Persistent L2ARC is disabled by default.||While the underlying issues have been fixed, this setting continues to be disabled by default for additional performance investigation. To manually reactivate persistent L2ARC, log in to the TrueNAS Web Interface, go to System > Tunables, and add a new tunable with these values:|
|TrueNAS "root" user account cannot be an SMB user.||This is an intentional change to improve software security and suitability for deployment in a variety of environments. Update the SMB configuration to use a different user account.|