3 minute read
January 24, 2019
The FreeNAS development team is pleased to announce the availability of the latest update to FreeNAS 11.1.
This bug fix release addresses the following security vulnerabilities:
- NFS has been patched to address FreeBSD-SA-18:13.nfs.
- bhyve has been patched to address CVE-2018-17160.
- Samba 4.7 has been patched to address recent CVEs.
- The Enable SMB1 support checkbox has been added to Services ‣ SMB. However, users are cautioned to not use SMB1.
Users of 11.1 systems are encouraged to update to U7 using the instructions in the Guide.
- 42737 Bug Unblock SIGCHLD to prevent too many smartd processes
- 42773 Bug Remove redundant mrsas checks in smartd
- 43196 Bug Fix SMART config not being regenerated when reloading smartd
- 43756 Bug Display processes as a tree in freenas-debug
- 44947 Bug Add –continue-on-error for inadyn to prevent it from exiting on error
- 46216 Bug Apply FreeBSD-SA-18:12.elf and update FreeBSD-EN-18:08.lazyfpu fix
- 46403 Bug Update wording in legacy UI when downloading updates
- 47459 Bug Restore ports build optimization while retaining debug symbols
- 48184 Bug Change dataset aclmode before trying to change permissions
- 48867 Bug Limit IPMI admin password to 20 characters in legacy UI
- 48941 Bug Handle pwenc_decrypt errors in EncryptedDictField of Cloud Sync tasks
- 50467 Bug Fix typo under Storage -> View Disks in Guide
- 53415 Bug Restart smartd in background as it can take some time on systems with many disks
- 54591 Bug Fix “JSON Service Account Key” not being a file field
- 54954 Feature Add “Enable SMB1 support” checkbox to Services -> SMB
- 55734 Bug Remove showmount from freenas-debug to prevent hang condition
- 55752 Bug Remove freenas-verify from freenas-debug
- 55887 Bug Remove cachetool.py from freenas-debug
- 56643 Bug Fix creation of vlan parent interface when using netcli
- 56682 Bug Improve service_monitor handling for unrecoverable AD
- 56751 Bug Validate AD config file before trying to configure Kerberos
- 57141 Bug Fix APIv1 bug that prevented deletion of a cloned zvol
- 57699 Bug Fix bug that prevented downloading the config file during a manual update
- 59922 Bug Correctly populate dropdown for snapshot tasks in legacy UI
- 59958 Bug Fix multiple Samba CVEs
- 60282 Bug Fix FreeBSD-SA-18:13.nfs
- 60417 Bug Ensure crontab contains created Cron Jobs
- 60426 Bug Remove showmount from freenas-debug to prevent hang condition
- 60435 Bug Remove freenas-verify from freenas-debug
- 60444 Bug Remove cachetool.py from freenas-debug
- 60453 Bug Exclude .zfs/snapshot directories from collectd df output
- 60462 Bug Make Services -> S3 -> Disks a required field
- 60471 Bug Prevent Cloud Sync Tasks from overflowing /mnt
- 60570 Bug Reduce logging verbosity in freenasldap.py
- 60750 Bug Restart smartd in background when creating a SMART Task
- 61848 Bug Bug fix for WebDAV SSL choices
- 61881 Bug Add support for externally signed certificates
- 62415 Bug Fix bhyve CVE-2018-17160
- 62928 Bug Bug fix for nginx configuration file
- 63180 Bug Relax the TCP reassembly queue length limit to improve performance
- 64206 Bug Fix trusted domain users/groups error message in legacy UI
- 64521 Bug Add -d removable for all S.M.A.R.T. devices
- 65565 Bug Add warning when using Manual Setup in legacy UI for volume creation
- 66051 Bug Do not start S3 service at boot if ‘Start Automatically’ is not checked
- 66405 Bug Fix traceback in cloudsync
- 67780 Bug Update benchmarks/fio to 3.5
- 68851 Bug Bump copyright year in motd to 2019
- 69238 Bug Add vfs_ixnas VFS module
- 69373 Feature Remove docs build from FreeNAS build
- 69375 Feature Have middleware point to online version of Guide
- 69382 Feature Have Guide icon point to online version of Guide
- 70102 Bug Merge fix for act_scan_laundry_weight mechanism
- 71121 Bug Fix bug in manual volume creation in legacy UI
Tickets can be viewed at https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.