3 minute read
May 30, 2018
The FreeNAS development team is pleased to announce the availability of the fifth update to FreeNAS 11.1.
Since this is mostly a bug fix update, no changes have been made to the 11.1-U4 version of the Guide. This update did add preliminary support for Self-Encrypting Drives. Refer to Using Self-Encrypted Drives for instructions on how to configure these devices.
Due to the proximity of the upcoming 11.2-BETA1 release, the “Try the BETA UI!” link has been removed from the login screen for 11.1-U5. Users who wish to test the new UI before BETA1 is released are encouraged to create a clone of their current boot environment, switch to the nightlies train, and update to the nightlies. This ensures that there is a stable boot environment to reboot into and upgrade from, once BETA1 is released.
If the S.M.A.R.T. service will not start,it is due to a known bug for some USB and SSD devices. To find the problematic device, look in /var/log/messages for a line similar to this one:
May 31 23:54:58 freenas smartd: Unable to register device /dev/da1 (no Directive -d removable). Exiting.
In this example, /dev/da1 is the problematic device. Then, go to Storage→Volumes → View Disks, select the problematic device, click its Edit button, and uncheck the Enable S.M.A.R.T. checkbox. You should now be able to start the S.M.A.R.T. service.
- 24965 Feature Add more command output to freenas-debug
- 26484 Bug Don’t write unneeded SNMP messages to /var/log/messages
- 27936 Bug More fixes to ensure /nonexistent directory is not created
- 28585 Umbrella Fix Samba memory leak in vfswrap_getwd()
- 28862 Bug Fix restoring old reporting values after a FreeNAS update
- 29971 Feature Improve logging in AD monitoring
- 30213 Bug Turn bootenv.delete into a job to prevent timeout related traceback when deleting boot enviroments
- 30609 Bug Do not log nginx errors to console
- 30729 Bug Speed up and clean up freenas-debug
- 30768 Bug Fix argument for SMB_VFS_NEXT_DISK_FREE in zfs_space VFS module
- 30960 Bug Display Samba version and git commit with smbd -v
- 30990 Bug Make lagg work with 100Gbps and 25Gbps interfaces that report extended media types
- 31041 Feature Add support for Self-Encrypting Drives
- 31050 Bug Do not spawn another thread on call_sync middleware call
- 31059 Bug Fix user.delete API call when DC is enabled
- 31404 Bug When using ADS disable DOSATTRIB to prevent Windows 7 “Invalid MS-DOS function” error
- 31635 Bug Correct PAM constants for AFP users authenticating as local user in LDAP environment
- 31773 Bug Migrate MTU settings when upgrading from 9.10.X to 11.1.X
- 32868 Bug Fix “Check Now” traceback error
- 32880 Bug Fix alert services traceback
- 32943 Bug Add -M to freenas-debug to check SATA DOM speed
- 33045 Bug Check if TrueNAS system needs an HBA firmware update
- 33228 Feature Add configured SMART, replication, and scrub tasks to freenas-debug
- 33618 Bug Do not show beta UI link
- 33663 Bug Alphabetize freenas-debug switches
- 33786 Bug Be less restrictive for NFS exports
- 33855 Bug Remove dtrace freenas-debug modules
- 33885 Bug Start dbus before netatalk
- 33924 Bug Add check to see if NIS is enabled
- 33927 Bug Fix typo in NFS section of freenas-debug
- 33930 Bug Fix traceback in system section of freenas-debug
- 33957 Bug Fix Python global interpreter lock with LDAP
- 33987 Bug Fix system.advanced traceback during system boot
- 33993 Bug Remove parallel routines for freenas-debug to prevent CPU spike
Tickets can be viewed at https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.