TrueNAS CORE Nightly Development DocumentationThis content follows experimental early release software. Use the Product and Version selectors above to view content specific to a stable software release.
2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-12-12 08:54 EST
The Network Summary screen gives a concise overview of the current network setup. It provides information about the currently active interfaces, default routes, and name servers configured on the system. These areas are not editable.
Interfaces shows configured physical, bridge, link aggregation LAGG, and virtual LAN vlan interfaces. All detected physical interfaces are listed, even when unconfigured. The IPv4 or IPv6 address displays when a static IP is saved for an interface.
Default Routes lists all saved TrueNAS default routes. Go to Network > Global Configuration to configure default routes.
Nameservers lists any configured DNS name servers that TrueNAS uses. To change this list, go to Network > Global Configuration. Network > Global Configuration contains the TrueNAS host name and domain, and default gateway. It also contains other options.
Define a static route in Network > Static Routes.
Out-of-band management is managed from Network > IPMI. This option is visible only when TrueNAS detects the appropriate physical hardware.
- Interfaces: Provides instructions on how to edit a network physical interface and a list of other TrueNAS CORE network interface tutorials.
- Setting Up a Network Bridge: Provides instructions on setting up a network bridge interface on TrueNAS CORE.
- Setting Up Link Aggregations: Provides instructions on setting up a network link aggregation (LAGG) interface on TrueNAS CORE.
- Setting Up a Network VLAN: Provides instructions on setting up a network VLAN interface on TrueNAS CORE.
- Setting a Static IP Address for the TrueNAS UI: Provides instructions on configuring a network interface for static routes on TrueNAS CORE.
- Define Static Routes: Provides instructions on setting up static routes on TrueNAS CORE.
- Enabling WireGuard: Provides instructions on setting up WireGuard on TrueNAS CORE.
- IPMI: Provides instructions on setting up Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) on TrueNAS CORE.