2 minute read.Last Modified 2021-04-02 11:27 EDT
There are a few adjustable interface preferences and a built-in theme editor for creating your own TrueNAS color schemes.
To access user preferences, click settings > Preferences. This page has options to adjust global settings in the web interface, manage custom themes, and create new themes.
There are a few options for how things are displayed or behave in the web interface:
- To choose a different pre-built or saved custom color scheme for the web interface, select an option from the Choose Theme dropdown.
- If screen space is limited, set Prefer buttons with icons only to only display icons and tooltips without text labels.
- When Enable Password Toggle is set, visibility appears next to password fields. Clicking this button will show characters typed or saved in the field.
- To clear any custom display choices for interface tables, set Reset Table Columns to Default.
- To display the legacy FreeNAS branding, set Retro Logo.
- Reset All Preferences to Default changes all these options back to their factory default settings.
If a included theme doesn’t satisfy your preference, a fully custom theme can be created. To start creating a custom theme, click CREATE NEW THEME.
Colors from an existing theme can be used when creating a new custom theme. Select a theme from the Load Colors from Theme dropdown to use the colors from that theme for the new custom theme:
- Custom Theme Name: Enter a name to identify the new theme.
- Menu Label: Enter a short name to use in the TrueNAS web interface menus.
- Description: Enter a short description of the new theme.
- Choose Primary: Choose from either a generic color or import a specific color setting to use as the primary theme color. The primary color changes the color of many of the buttons.
- Choose Accent: Choose from either a generic color or import a specific color setting to use as the accent color for the theme. This color is used for many of the buttons and smaller elements in the web interface.
- Choose Topbar: Changes the color of the top menu bar in the web interface.
For even more fine tuning, click the COLORS tab. Here, colors can be changed using the slider or by entering hexadecimal values.
When complete, click SUBMIT. TrueNAS automatically switches to newly created theme and adds it to the Choose Theme dropdown.