2 minute read.Last Modified 2023-10-27 09:55 EDT
The TrueNAS project welcomes all documentation contributions! We are using Hugo to create this documentation website and the Geekdoc theme for general website styling. Articles are written in a combination of Markdown and HTML syntax.
The tutorials in this section are designed to guide you with different kinds of documentation contributions. There is also an article template that you can copy and use to submit new articles. Please feel free to propose changes and add new content in these articles to help others learn how to contribute to project documentation!
Want to discuss your in-progress changes or other TrueNAS contributions?
The TrueNAS contributors
#truenas-docs Slack workspace is available for contributors to discuss their changes and help each other improve the software.
You can request to join this workspace at
- Web Interface Translations: How to contribute TrueNAS interface text string translations.
- Issue Reporting: Provides information on how to report issues to iXsystems.
- Issue Reporting in Jira: How to report issues using Jira bug reports.
- Documentation: Articles describing how to contribute documentation to TrueNAS projects.
- Updating Content: How to contribute changes to the TrueNAS documentation.
- Adding a New Article: How to contribute a new article bundle to the TrueNAS documentation.
- Content Styling: How to style your documentation contributions to TrueNAS.
- Article Template: Provides a sample article template for contributing TrueNAS documentation.